About the App
- App name: CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Driver
- App description: silicon-labs-vcp-driver (App: Silicon Labs VCP Driver.pkg)
- App website: http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
Install the App
Command+Spaceand type Terminal and press enter/return key.
- Copy and paste the following command in Terminal app:
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
and press enter/return key. Wait for the command to finish. If you are prompted to enter a password, please type your Mac user's login password and press ENTER. Mind you, as you type your password, it won't be visible on your Terminal (for security reasons), but rest assured it will work.
- Now, copy/paste and run this command to make brew command available inside the Terminal:
echo 'eval "$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)"' >> ~/.zprofile
- Copy and paste the following command:
brew install --cask silicon-labs-vcp-driver
Done! You can now use CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Driver.